Wednesday 10 August 2011

2012 wedding with Kareena? Saif plays evasive

Saif Ali Khan lashes out against detractors of his upcoming film 'Aarakshan' based on reservation Aarakshan deals with a controversial topic. Were you at any point anxious while signing on for the film? No, not at all! When I read the script, I thought it was a great opportunity for me. 


It is fantastic that Prakashji (the film's director/producer Jha) has broached an area of political concern. These issues are inherent in India and someone has to speak about them. And now, with so many people raising objections to the film, what are your thoughts? I don't think what is happening is right. Once the Censor Board has passed a film, without any cuts and with a U/A certificate, the least one can do is allow the film to be released. 

Yes, the subject of the film and the title itself has kind of invited controversies, but since the Censor Board had no issues, I see no reason why there should be objections raised by others? We must respect their judgement. For someone like you who comes from an entirely diverse background, was it a challenge to play a Dalit? There is a certain responsibility that comes with every role. 

With Aarakshan, there was a totally different kind of responsibility. Since I was playing a Dalit and representing a certain community, I had to take special care. I did a little bit of research. More than my background, I think it is my fair skin and my personality that could have worked against it. But I play this guy who is academically a success, so with education comes a certain posture so that seemed fine. 

But generally speaking, I think you and I will never be able to understand what they have gone through, or have to go through. Dalit children still have to clean toilets even while studying in government schools. We have no idea what's happening in some parts of our country. Your film Agent Vinod has also been riddled with controversies... going over budget, then there were reports of you not getting along with the director Sriram Raghavan... Agent Vinod is releasing in December. 


Yes, there have been all kinds of stories, which is a good thing. It is good publicity for the film. The movie has been made well within the budget. I am looking forward to the release of the film. As for me not getting along with Sriram, that's not true either. Yes, we do discuss things, which is natural. Otherwise, I have implicit trust in him. Why did you launch another film, Cocktail, even before the release of Agent Vinod? That's because we were getting the dates of the stars at the same time. Cocktail is almost 70 per cent complete and we are looking at a February 2012 release. 

You have been offered many TV shows like Master Chef, India's Got Talent etc. Why have you been turning them down? Yes, I have been offered television shows. I wouldn't like to disclose which ones. Some thing or the other didn't work out. But I am very much open to doing television. There are stories that you are planning a 2012 wedding with Kareena Kapoor... I don't want to talk about my personal life simply because it is distracting, and the incessant talks about it can get quite annoying. I want to come across as a serious professional and not just someone who is being talked about because of his personal life. But is the wedding happening soon? It's not happening soon Whenever it happens, we will announce it.

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "2012 wedding with Kareena? Saif plays evasive"

Post a Comment